Connect to MATLAB remotely from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
MATLAB Mobile is a lightweight desktop on your iPhone that connects to a MATLAB session running on the MathWorks Computing Cloud or on your computer. From the convenience of your iPhone, you can run scripts, create figures, and view results.
MATLAB Mobile Features
• Command-line access to MATLAB running on your computer
• Access to your MATLAB workspace
• Ability to view MATLAB figures on your iPhone
• Record of commands typed on the iPhone in your command history
• Custom keyboard
• MathWorks Computing Cloud connectivity
• Windows, Mac, and Linux connectivity
MATLAB Mobile does not support:
• Graphical user interfaces, such as SPTool and Curve Fitting Tool
• MATLAB Editor
• Simulink® graphical environment, but the sim command is supported at the MATLAB Mobile command line
• Interaction with 2D and 3D figures
MATLAB is the leading technical computing software for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numeric computation. MATLAB is used in a wide range of applications, including signal and image processing, communications, control design, test and measurement, financial modeling and analysis, and computational biology.
• One of the following MATLAB licenses:
- Professional or academic license for R2010a or later with an up-to-date MathWorks Software Maintenance Service contract.
- MATLAB & Simulink Student Version R2010a or later
• MATLAB Connector installed on the same computer as MATLAB
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
• iOS 3.1.3 or later (Note: Support for iOS 3.1.3 will be deprecated in a future release.)
When connecting to your computer, MATLAB Mobile and the MATLAB Connector are intended for use behind a firewall on a private network. Virtual Private Network (VPN) use is recommended when used over the public Internet or via 3G.